Translation & Transcreation services: Language Experts (translators) would convert written material from English into the ‘target language’, ensuring that the translated version conveys the meaning of the original as clearly as possible – for example “ How are you Sweetheart?” should not be “Tum Kaisi ho Meetha Dil”.
One other thing – the target language should ideally be the translator’s native language, or one that he/she has been educated in. Transcreation of source content into the target Indic Languages, is also part of the job. Transcreation is defined as the adaptation of a message from a source language to target language to make the message culturally relevant, native sounding, compelling and engaging for users in the target language, while maintaining the overall intent, style, emotion, meaning, and brand values of the source language content.
Qualification & Experience
This area of work is open to all, with fluency in any one of the below mentioned languages. Graduate in any stream with Diploma/Masters degree in Mass Communication or Journalism would be preferred.
Target Languages (any one)
- Language Experts would need to work on content ranging across topics like Help, Legal, Marketing & UI.
- Reading through original material, reviewing it and rewriting it the target language in case needed, ensuring that the meaning of the source text is retained.
- Using Translation Memory software to ensure consistency of translation within documents and help efficiency.
- Work to an average daily output of Upto 5,500 words for reviewers
- Using specialist dictionaries, thesauruses and reference books to find the closest equivalents for terminology and words used.
- Using appropriate software for presentation and delivery – Researching on relevant phraseology to find the correct translation.
- Proofreading and editing final translated versions.
- Providing clients with a grammatically correct, well-expressed final version of the translated text, usually as a word-processed document.
- Prioritising work to meet deadlines. – Retaining and developing knowledge in specialist areas of translation
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent writing skills and impeccable grammar
- Ability to speak and write in target language and English fluently and idiomatically
- Attention to detail, combined with an ability to work quickly to meet deadlines
- Eagerness to acquire new knowledge.